در هنگام جستجو کلمه در قسمت عنوان میتوانید کلمات مورد جستجو را با کاراکتر (-) جدا کنید.
کاربرد نوع شرط:
- جایگاه : پژوهشی
- مجله: Advanced Herbal Medicine
- نوع مقاله: Journal Article
- کلمات کلیدی: Antimicrobial activity,Artemisia santonica,Pathogenic bacteria,Drug resistance
- چکیده انگلیسی: Background and aim: For rapid growing drug resistance among pathogenic microorganisms, it is essential to find new compounds with antimicrobial activity. Medicinal herbs application in traditional treatment for thousand years, make this natural compound to the best choice for antimicrobial studies. The aim of this study is to determine the antimicrobial activity of Artemisia against some important pathogenic bacteria. Material and Method: In the present study, antimicrobial activity of ethanolic and methanolic extracts of A. santonica against four pathogenic bacteria was evaluated. A. santonica dry powder was extracted with ethanol and methanol solvents in maceration method. Assessment of antimicrobial efficacies of extracts and MIC were conducted by disk diffusion manual and macro broth dilution method, respectively. Results: Both ethanolic and methanolic extracts could inhibit microorganism in this test. Staphylococcus aureus with MIC=1.56 mg/ml indicates more sensitive to the Artemisia. In addition, Bacillus cereus showed medium sensitivity. E.coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa became involved in less sensitivity to the A. santonica extracts. Conclusion: The result of this study confirmed that A. santonica extracts were the best inhibitory effect on S. aureus. Then it can be concluded that by using herbal plant against antibiotics some antibiotic resistant problem can be resolved.
- انتشار مقاله: 24-06-1394
- نویسندگان: Mehdi Hassanshahian,Farshid Khosravi