در هنگام جستجو کلمه در قسمت عنوان میتوانید کلمات مورد جستجو را با کاراکتر (-) جدا کنید.
کاربرد نوع شرط:
- جایگاه : پژوهشی
- مجله: Asia Oceania Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Biology
- نوع مقاله: Journal Article
- کلمات کلیدی: Tc-99m TRODAT-1 SPECT,Parkinson’s disease,Severity,H and Y scale,UPDRS
- چکیده انگلیسی: Objective(s): To evaluate the role of Tc-99m TRODAT-1 Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) in Parkinson’s Disease (PD) by assessing the correlation of clinical disease severity, disease duration and age at onset of disease with specific uptake ratio of Tc-99m TRODAT-1 in striatum.
Methods: The study included 63 patients in age range of 40-72 years with clinical diagnosis of PD and nine controls. Clinical history of patients was obtained regarding age at onset of disease and disease duration. Disease severity in each patient was assessed using H and Y stage and UPDRS. Tc-99m TRODAT-1 SPECT was performed and specific uptake ratios were calculated for six regions in bilateral striata, caudate nuclei and putamina. Difference in specific uptake ratios between different stages of disease was analyzed for statistical significance. Specific uptake ratios were correlated with UPDRS, motor score of UPDRS, duration of disease and age at onset of disease using Pearson’s correlation co-efficient.
Results: Median specific uptake ratio was found to be least in contralateral putamen for all H and Y stages. There was a statistically significant difference between specific uptake ratios of controls vs stage 1, stage 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, 1 vs 4, and 2 vs 4 for all 6 regions. The difference in uptake ratio between 3 and 4 H and Y stages was significant only for contralateral
regions. There was no significant difference in uptake ratio between 2 and 3 H and Y stages. The uptake ratios showed a strong negative correlation with UPDRS and motor score, a weak negative correlation with duration of disease and no significant correlation with age at onset of disease.
Conclusion: We conclude that Tc-99m TRODAT-1 SPECT can be used to assess the disease severity in PD patients.
- انتشار مقاله: 01-01-1397
- نویسندگان: Asra Patel,Shelley Simon,Indirani Elangoven,Jaykanth Amalchandran,Avani Jain,Thangalakshmi S